Wonderist Agency is looking for a full-time graphic designer to join a small but agile team within a growing, fun-loving marketing agency.
What to Expect:
At Wonderist Agency, we guarantee you’ll have problems to solve. You’ll be dragged into projects in the 11th hour. And you’ll be expected to create and contribute to our ever-evolving processes. The work isn’t easy. It’s dental. And there’s plenty to go around.
We need an intelligent, creative graphic designer with the flexibility to turn on your heels when priorities change, the thoughtfulness to do what’s in the best interest of the team, and the desire to always produce your best work. We do what’s right for the client, not just what’s easy. And that’s what makes our jobs gratifying.
We are a fast-growing startup of nearly 30, and that means we’re agile. We’re able to try new things and experiment. It also means we make time to celebrate the work, each other, when we hit our quarterly goals, or every Friday at 5pm. Our favorite dive bar, Desi’s, is just down the street and right across from Liberty Station, so we’ve got our location going for us.
Basically, we need someone who’s willing to work really hard and doesn’t get discouraged when a project is going off the rails. So if you’ve got a lot of grit and an equal amount of gumption, keep reading…
- Stand-out Graphic Designer: We expect you to know the ins and outs of good design: industry best practices, typography, color theory, composition, software skills… you get the gist (hopefully).
- Creative Problem Solver: Designing the tenth tooth-based logo of your career can get stale. We need someone who can shake off the temptation to coast and turn their creative light on.
- Storyteller: We are looking for someone with a creative eye that loves celebrating small businesses by telling their unique stories through handcrafted designs. Being able to translate a client's brand into stand out work is essential.
- Organized & Self-Starter: Once you learn the ropes, we’ll expect you to take ownership of your projects and keep things moving forward.
- Curious Learner: The design team here loves to learn! Whether it’s attending web design workshops or reading blogs on color accessibility, we always work to broaden our creative knowledge and will expect you to do the same.
- Excellent Communicator: Designers at Wonderist need to elaborate on their work for clients; many dentists hear jibberish when you toss around terms like “sans serif” and “hex codes.” We need someone who can walk clients through creative processes gently but with expert guidance.
- Takes Pride In Their Work: We need someone who takes any project, big or small, and puts everything they have into it. Mistakes are okay. Sloppiness is not.
- Branding: You’ll start by interviewing branding clients to figure out their aesthetic and practice preferences. Then it’s time to hit the digital drawing board and create and revise logos until the team and client settle on the final product.
- Direct Mailers & Other Collateral: You’ll need to produce creative, engaging designs for direct mailers and other collateral including brochures, office stationery, advertisements, and any other design needs that come up.
- Web Design: This is an area this is evolving rapidly at Wonderist. Our web team designs and builds sites in Webflow, but they turn to the design team to help elevate the quality. We advise on font hierarchy, photography selection, color palettes, and even create custom elements for websites like illustrations and iconography.
- Wonderist Marketing Design: Don’t forget about our nearest and dearest client, ourselves! We also take on numerous design projects for the company, such as kitschy t-shirt designs for conferences, invitations for community events, and branded GIFs for Instagram stories. Wonderist design projects often come out of brainstorm sessions full of “what ifs”, so these projects will be fast-paced but engaging and fun.
Bonus Points for Applicants With…
- 2+ years of marketing or agency experience in a design role
- Experience in the secondary software we use, such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Webflow, and/or Monday.com
- Experience in UX design and/or research
- Experience in web design
- Knowledge of the dental industry
If we just described you...
please apply with your resume, cover letter, and a portfolio or link to your design work.