We’re Hiring: Social Media Manager
WHAT TO EXPECT:
At Wonderist Agency, we guarantee you’ll have problems to solve. You’ll be dragged into projects in the 11th hour. And you’ll be expected to create and contribute to our ever-evolving processes. The work isn’t easy. It’s dental. And there’s plenty to go around. We need an intelligent, creative Social Media Manager with the flexibility to turn on your heels when priorities change, the thoughtfulness to do what’s in the best interest of the team, and the desire to always produce your best work. We do what’s right for the client, not just what’s easy. And that’s what makes our jobs gratifying. We are a fast-growing startup of over 30, and that means we’re agile. We’re able to try new things and experiment. It also means we make time to celebrate the work, each other, and when we hit our quarterly goals, or every Friday at 5 pm. Our favorite dive bar, Desi’s, is just down the street and right across from Liberty Station, so we’ve got our location going for us. Basically, we need someone who’s willing to work really hard and doesn’t get discouraged when a project is going off the rails. So if you’ve got a lot of grit and an equal amount of gumption, keep reading…
We need a highly creative social media guru with an obsession for the latest social trends, a wicked sharp attention to detail, and a passion for organization and client communication. We’re looking for a strong team player with an eye for design, a vision for our clients’ brands and the confidence to execute strategies. Our perfect candidate lives and breathes internet culture and can quickly adapt the latest trends into dental focused content.
- Post & Plan: Formulate timely and engaging content, including original copy, optimized for platform use and intended audience on a regular basis according to client schedules.
- Design Content: Create beautiful, stand out posts through Canva and Photoshop that are in line with the client’s overall brand aesthetic.
- Work Closely With Other Teams: Particularly the Content and Account Management teams, but also other departments to ensure cohesive messaging.
- Analyze, Track, and Measure Performance: Report on monthly Social Campaigns to refine, define, and improve our clients’ social media marketing performance.
- Keep Up-to-Date with the Latest Social Trends & Tools: Leverage trends for social campaigns and adapt said trends into dental focused content.
- Utilize, Track and Manage Budgets: You’ll have multiple clients with varying budgets and campaigns, so organization is key.
- Critical Thinker: An instinct for spotting social opportunities in client niches and creating stories that will make people notice.
- Social Media Guru: Passion for social media and always stays up-to-date with new platforms and current trends.
- An Eye For Design: Ability to consistently replicate and enhance each clients individual brand aesthetic using a variety of design software and photography.
- Platform & Software Proficiency: Have a strong working knowledge of social channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google My Business, YouTube, Pinterest; posting platforms: Sprout Social, Buffer; and software: Canva, Photoshop.
- Great Communicator: Experience interacting directly with clients, and as a results, possesses excellent professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous Attention to Detail: This is crucial, so tell us about your favorite meme in your cover letter.
- Agile Problem Solver: Able to work under tight deadlines and be able to handle multiple projects at any given time.
- Natural Strategist: Ability to prioritize a large volume of client accounts, effectively managing resources to triage their needs for optimal client satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communication, design or related field
- 1-3 years of social media experience, agency setting preferred - tell us about it in your cover letter!
- Basic G Suite Skills (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
Our perfect fit is a problem solver who understands the difference between “yes, and…” and “yes, but…”. You should be a hungry, scrappy personality with a positive attitude who aims to deliver. Working in the client service industry means going the extra mile. We need someone who is always willing to rise to the occasion and put forward beautiful work that exceeds client expectations. Someone who is detailed, organized, driven, displays vigor, and comes ready to play every day will fit in well. Confidence, self-discipline, and a congenial, curious mind are things we love and admire.
Bonus Points for Applicants With:
- Photography and/or design background
- A history of managing a high volume of clients
- Familiarity with platforms: Monday, Zoho, Notion, Webflow
- Knowledge of the dental industry
If we just described you...
Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and portfolio.