We’re Hiring: Social Media Manager
WHAT TO EXPECT:
At Wonderist Agency, we guarantee you’ll have problems to solve. You’ll be dragged into projects in the 11th hour. And you’ll be expected to create and contribute to our ever-evolving processes. The work isn’t easy. It’s dental. And there’s plenty to go around. We need an intelligent, creative Social Media Manager with the flexibility to turn on your heels when priorities change, the thoughtfulness to do what’s in the best interest of the team, and the desire to always produce your best work. We do what’s right for the client, not just what’s easy. And that’s what makes our jobs gratifying. We are a fast-growing startup of over 30, and that means we’re agile. We’re able to try new things and experiment. It also means we make time to celebrate the work, each other, and when we hit our quarterly goals, or every Friday at 5 pm. Our favorite dive bar, Desi’s, is just down the street and right across from Liberty Station, so we’ve got our location going for us. Basically, we need someone who’s willing to work really hard and doesn’t get discouraged when a project is going off the rails. So if you’ve got a lot of grit and an equal amount of gumption, keep reading…
We need an intelligent, creative social media guru with an obsession for the latest social trends, a wicked sharp attention to detail, and a passion for organization and client communication. This is an extremely client-facing role, and we want someone who can foster and maintain great client relationships. We’re looking for a strong team player with an eye for design, a vision for our clients’ brands and the confidence to execute strategies. Our perfect candidate lives and breathes internet culture and can quickly adapt the latest trends into dental focused content.
- Post & Plan: Formulate timely and engaging content, including original copy, optimized for platform use and intended audience on a regular basis according to client schedules.
- Design Content: Create beautiful, stand out posts through Canva and Photoshop that are in line with the client’s overall brand aesthetic.
- Work Closely With Clients: This is an extremely client-facing role. You will need to feel comfortable communicating with clients daily to help them troubleshoot any platform issues and ensure their posts are on-brand. It’s all about maintaining your client relationships.
- Work Closely With Other Teams: Particularly the Content and Account Management teams, but also other departments to ensure cohesive messaging.
- Analyze, Track, and Measure Performance: Report on monthly Social Campaigns to refine, define, and improve our clients’ social media marketing performance.
- Keep Up-to-Date with the Latest Social Trends & Tools: Leverage trends for social campaigns and adapt said trends into dental focused content.
- Utilize, Track and Manage Budgets: You’ll have multiple clients with varying budgets and campaigns, so organization is key.
- Critical Thinker: An instinct for spotting social opportunities in client niches and creating stories that will make people notice.
- Social Media Guru: Passion for social media and always stays up-to-date with new platforms and current trends.
- An Eye For Design: Ability to consistently replicate and enhance each clients individual brand aesthetic using a variety of design software and photography.
- Platform & Software Proficiency: Have a strong understanding of social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google My Business, and YouTube; a working knowledge of softwares including Canva and Photoshop; and experience with third party posting platforms, like Sprout Social.
- Great Communicator: Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills, as well as attention to detail is crucial, so please include your favorite meme in your application.
- Agile Problem Solver: Able to work under tight deadlines and be able to handle multiple projects at any given time.
- Client Management Skills: Ability to effectively manage a large volume of client accounts, balancing urgent client needs with the day to day workload.
Natural Strategist: Approach client accounts at the campaign level and consider their other marketing efforts within Wonderist Agency to ensure a unified message across all channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communication, or related field
- At least 1-2 years experience of managing and delivering successful social media campaigns at an agency
- Verifiable examples of successful social media marketing campaigns
- 1-2 years experience of building audiences and engagement through social media including creating original copy/content
- Basic G Suite Skills (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
- At least 1 year experience with social tools and analytics such as Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, and tools within social media posting platforms like Sprout Social
Our perfect fit is a problem solver who understands the difference between “yes, and…” and “yes, but…”. You should be a hungry, scrappy personality with a positive attitude who aims to deliver. Working in the client service industry means going the extra mile. We need someone who is always willing to rise to the occasion and put forward beautiful work that exceeds client expectations. Someone who is detailed, organized, driven, displays vigor, and comes ready to play every day will fit in well. Confidence, self-discipline, and a congenial, curious mind are things we love and admire.
Bonus Points for Applicants With:
- 2+ years of marketing or agency experience
- Photography and/or design background
- Experience in software such as Canva, Webflow, Zoho, Sprout Social, and Monday.com
- Knowledge of the dental industry
If we just described you...
Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and portfolio.