WHAT TO EXPECT:
At Wonderist Agency, we guarantee you’ll have problems to solve. You’ll be dragged into projects in the 11th hour. And you’ll be expected to create and contribute to our ever-evolving processes. The work isn’t easy. It’s dental. And there’s plenty to go around.
We need an intelligent, creative writer with the flexibility to turn on your heels when priorities change, the thoughtfulness to do what’s in the best interest of the team, and the desire to always produce your best work. We do what’s right for the client, not just what’s easy. And that’s what makes our jobs gratifying.
We are a fast-growing startup of nearly 40, and that means we’re agile. We’re able to try new things and experiment. It also means we make time to celebrate the work, each other, when we hit our quarterly goals, or every Friday at 5pm. Our favorite dive bar, Desi’s, is just down the street and right across from Liberty Station, so we’ve got our location going for us.
Basically, we need someone who’s willing to work really hard and doesn’t get discouraged when a project is going off the rails. So if you’ve got a lot of grit and an equal amount of gumption, keep reading...
The Copywriter / Editor will write and edit content for client needs in the digital and traditional marketing space. These needs will include websites, blogs, direct mailers, newsletters, and press releases, among others. You’ll work closely with the Design Team on branding projects, the Web Team on websites, and the SEO Team to develop and implement content strategies. Because content bleeds into every service, being an agile, team player is critical.
- Versatile & Creative Writer: Someone who can come up with an engaging headline but can also accurately explain difficult concepts. Bonus points if you can be concise.
- Meticulous Editor: So meticulous that you thoroughly read job descriptions. Please include your favorite book or podcast in your cover letter and explain why it’s your favorite in 240 characters or less.
- Problem Solver: You will solve problems every single day, so we need someone with a solutions-oriented mind and a positive attitude.
- Organized & Self-Starter: Once you learn the ropes, we’ll expect you to take ownership of your projects and keep things moving forward.
- Great Communicator: We move at a quick pace and need someone who can keep the team and department heads up-to-date on progress. Clearly communicating with clients is also essential.
- Thinks “Big Picture”: Every service we offer our clients ties into the next. We need someone who can see those connections and make good choices for the agency as a whole.
- Confident Interviewer: As copywriters, we talk to clients all the time. It’s essential that we ask the right questions so we can properly convey the client’s vision in all marketing collateral.
- Takes Pride In Work: We need someone who takes any project, big or small, and puts everything they have into it. Mistakes happen, but sloppiness won't be tolerated.
- Client Kickoff Calls: From these initial conversations, you will need to tease out the client’s wants and needs for their overall marketing strategy.
- Content Strategy: You will be asked to develop sitemaps and content calendars based on client needs and goals. Participation in the kickoff calls will put you in the best position to form a reliable content strategy.
- Branding: You will work with our Design Team to generate practice names, branding concepts, and taglines that align with client needs, goals and preferences.
- Websites: All of the websites we write are unique. Once sitemaps and style guides are approved, it will be your responsibility to write the content of the website.
- Edits & QAs: You will be responsible for editing your own work, editing the work of your fellow writers, and QAing websites. I can’t stress enough how important this is to the role. If you have any doubts about your editing skills, please save us both some time.
- Monthly Content Deliverables: You'll work with the SEO Specialists and Account Managers to generate topics for monthly content deliverables, write those deliverables, and edit content before post.
- Direct Mailers & Other Collateral: You’ll need to write creative, engaging copy for direct mailers and other collateral including brochures, newsletters, press releases, blogs, and any other content needs that come up.
- Deep understanding of SEO best practices
- Knowledge of the dental industry
- Previous Marketing or Advertising experience
- Knowledge of Webflow
If we just described you...
please apply with your resume, cover letter, and a portfolio or writing samples.