We’re Hiring: SEO Specialist
WHAT TO EXPECT:
At Wonderist Agency, we guarantee you’ll have problems to solve. As a member of Inc. Magazine’s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies, we thrive off of a fast-paced environment that challenges us to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
We need a skilled SEO Specialist with the flexibility to turn on your heels when priorities change, the thoughtfulness to do what’s in the best interest of the team, and the desire to always produce your best work. We do what’s right for the client, not just what’s easy. And that’s what makes our jobs gratifying. Our rockstar team, dog-friendly office, and transparency from our co-founders are some of the reasons Wonderist Agency has been voted one of San Diego's Best Places to Work and why our Wonderbuds love working here.
We are a fast-growing startup of almost 40, and that means we’re agile. We’re able to try new things and experiment. It also means we make time to celebrate the work, each other when we hit our quarterly goals, or every Friday at 5 pm. Our favorite dive bar, Desi’s, is just down the street and right across from Liberty Station, so we’ve got our location going for us.
Basically, we need someone who’s willing to work really hard and doesn’t get discouraged when a client or project is going off the rails. So if you’ve got a lot of grit and an equal amount of gumption, keep reading...
The SEO Specialist will work to build, manage, optimize and evolve our SEO client accounts. Driving quality conversions for our clients through search engine marketing campaigns is at the heart of this role. Daily tasks will include, but are not be limited to:
- Developing and implementing SEO strategies that increase rankings and organic traffic
- Developing monthly content strategies and adding content to Wordpress and Webflow websites
- Developing backlink campaigns
- Executing onsite optimization
- Providing campaign analysis and suggesting campaign optimizations
- Reviewing campaigns with clients via phone calls and email
- Working with other departments at Wonderist Agency to provide a holistic approach to SEO and your clients’ online presence.
- Knowledge of SEO Strategy and Best Practices: Deep understanding of search engine optimization, ranking factors, and digital marketing principles. You should be able to showcase SEO knowledge including on-page optimization, linkbuilding, schema markup, local listings and Google’s algorithm.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics: Familiarity with the Google Analytics platform and how to set up new accounts and goal tracking. A deep understanding of Google Analytics is crucial to succeeding in this role. Google Analytics Certification is required.
- Website Optimization & Updates: Our team works primarily in Webflow and Wordpress CMS. You will be expected to understand how these platforms operate and how to best optimize web pages to increase rankings and SEO value.
- SEO Content Strategy: Strategically formulate new topic ideas and optimize that content before adding it to client websites, as well as updating existing client website copy to help it perform better.
- Client Campaign Management: You will be expected to oversee and manage your client accounts to ensure they are performing adequately. You will report on client account performance each month and make recommendations on how to improve client performance.
- Project & Time Management: You will be required to manage your time wisely and complete tasks on time. You will act as your own project coordinator to drive your client project through to the finish line.
- Data Analyzation: Ability to analyze data to find insights, affect strategy, and create new processes that can be efficiently implemented to improve clients’ SEO performance.
- Client Communication: You will be expected to lead SEO discussions in client kick-off calls, onboarding meetings and other client communications when necessary. You will be brought in to assist Account Management and other departments in client communications involving in-depth SEO topics.
- Strong Communication: You will be a client’s primary point of contact and responsible for relaying updates to our team; you must be personable, professional, and responsive. There is an intuition needed in this role to differentiate between moments when an email will suffice and when you need to pick up the phone.
- Obsessive Attention to Detail: SEO Specialists are the driving force behind our client’s organic search results and therefore need to be extremely detail oriented. You will share accountability for the accuracy and quality of our company’s work. Attention to detail is crucial, so please include the title of your favorite movie or book at the beginning of your email or application.
- Expert Organization and Project Management: If someone asks you to describe yourself and you wouldn't say "organized," you need not apply. SEO Specialists must be organized and on top of all client needs, acting as a project manager to oversee deadlines and facilitate deliverables. You will need an exceptionally strong ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly, keeping track of outstanding assets and tasks.
- Keen Analytical Skills: We measure everything we do by its ROI. You will need a deep understanding of marketing metrics and KPIs, along with the ability to dissect and solve problems through data. You will supervise your clients’ campaign performance and you are able to determine when it’s time to pivot away from efforts that aren’t fruitful vs. when to double down on a campaign with killer ROI.
- Resourceful and Confident Self-Starter: Once you learn the ropes, we’ll expect you to own your tasks and hold yourself accountable. You will solve problems every single day, so we need someone with a solutions-oriented mind.
- Forward Thinker With Fresh Ideas: As SEO Specialists, we know that Google’s algorithm is constantly changing. We need people on our team who take time to research these changes and develop new ways we can advance our client’s performance. Our team’s innovation and flexibility is what makes Wonderist stand out from the competition.
- Takes Pride In Work: We need someone who takes any project, big or small, and puts everything they have into it. Mistakes are okay. Sloppiness is not.
Our perfect fit is someone who is a problem solver who understands the difference between “yes, and…” and “yes, but…”. You should be a hungry, scrappy personality with a positive attitude and aims to deliver. Working in the client service industry can mean going the extra mile, and we need someone who is always willing to rise to the occasion for our clients and strives to put forward beautiful work that exceeds client expectations. Someone who is detailed and organized, driven and displays vigor and comes ready to play every day. Confidence, self-discipline, and a congenial, curious mind are things we love and admire.
- 2+ years of marketing or agency experience OR equivalent
- Prior SEO experience
BONUS POINTS FOR APPLICANTS WITH:
(if you don’t have these but are organized and want to learn, we want to hear from you!)
- Google Analytics Certified
- Hands on experience with Webflow or Wordpress